Nathan B
Nathan B, Mechanic
Experience:  20+ years experience working on a wide range of vehicles both as an employee and also running my own garage
27720961

I have a Peugeot 406 HDI estate with a aircon problem. When

Customer Question

I have a Peugeot 406 HDI estate with a aircon problem. When i push the A/C button it some times works but most of the time it will not and the will cut in some time later. I can hear the clutch engaging and the blower speed change and the temperature will drop for a few seconds before it cuts out. It will work properly after about 30 mins and will continue to work until I finish my journey. It is almost if the car is too hot and it doesn't know how to cope with it.
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi I am happy to wait for your answer.

I have some further information for you, I have found out that the radiator cooling fan is not working so not sure if that is connected in anyway.

Also the air con works fine when it is cooler say in the evening, but during the heat of the day it works intermittently or not at all.

Many Thanks

Thank you for providing additional information. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?

Expert:  Billy replied 3 years ago.
Hello and welcome! I'm Billy and i will assist you with this. Feel free to ask if further info is needed.

My apologies for the delay, thank you for your patience.

Even when the A/C is working (at cooler times), does the fan still not operate?
Did you have this problem before getting the A/C regased?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi, it is likely that the fan has not worked in the year I have had the car as I have not heard it cut in at any time. In addition when I touched it the blades were seized and I had to move it by hand to free it up.

The temperature gauge never climbs above 90c even when stationary in traffic and the fan does not cut in.

I hope this helps.

thanks

Paul

Expert:  Billy replied 3 years ago.
Hello Paul,

The fan needs to operate, it should operate everytime the A/C button is pushed. If it does not the compressor will stay off.
And did you have the A/C problem before getting the system re gased?