Mark
Mark, Peugeot Certified Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified technician and MOT tester.
69494627

i have peugot 407. it show abs, handbreak, engine, lights,

Customer Question

i have peugot 407. it show abs, handbreak, engine, light's, wornig light display. At the same time battery is going completly flat. What is wrong with it as mechanics say everything work fine.
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes. I still need answer. But i don't know what extra information you need?

No further information is needed. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  dansgarage1 replied 3 years ago.

Have you had your alternator tested as cars will do this exact thing if the alternator is faulty?

Please let me know

Many Thanks

Dan

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes i had alternator tested and new buttery fited

Expert:  Mark replied 3 years ago.

Are you saying you have all these lights on when the engine is running?

Mark.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, i have all this lights on when the engine is running. I have this problem for the over 6 months. Buttery where change 3 times. Rear abs change. On top of it i drive car for 3 - 4 weeks, park the car and in the morning buttery is completely flat that i have to take buttery out, fully recharge and i can drive for the next few weeks. I'm very fed up with this car and fixing. Because of those warning lights i can't get MOT. I steel hope you might have idea what is wrong with it.

Expert:  Mark replied 3 years ago.

Can you confirm the year, engine size and fuel type.

Mark.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It is 2005, 1.6 engine, diesel

Expert:  Mark replied 3 years ago.

You should change the alternator. Whoever tested it probably got it wrong.

Mark.