Nathan B
Nathan B, Mechanic
Experience:  20+ years experience working on a wide range of vehicles both as an employee and also running my own garage
27720961

battery warning light stays on and heater blower has stopped

Customer Question

battery warning light stays on and heater blower has stopped working,
all fuses are intact and out-put from the alternator is fine.
any ideas how to get the light out and the blower working please?
the van is a peugeot expert on a 53 diesel
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I know it is a sticky one, I am annoyed that I cannot figure it out myself, so please stick with it and do your best to find a solution for me.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  dansgarage1 replied 3 years ago.

may I ask how you tested the alternator. did you start the engine place the metre on the alternator. then place your light radio hazards on and have somebody rev the engine to 2000-2500rpm

The vots should read a minimum of 13. If varying revs causes the voltage to fluctuate between 13 and 14.5 volts, your alternator is in good shape; if, on the other hand, the voltage remains the same or decreases, your alternator is faulty

your symptoms do all point to a faulty alternator you could also try listening to the alternator and also feel it to see if it feels more hot than usual