Shantal-Mod
Shantal-Mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73554018

I have a 206cc. 52 plate. When I unclip the4 roof clips, it

Customer Question

I have a 206cc. 52 plate. When I unclip the4 roof clips, it makes the warning sound, but nothing happens when the switch is activated. When the switchis pulled to open, all that happens is I hear a very faint fast clicking from the dash area. is there a relay hidden in there somewhere
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I will wait a few days.

Dave

Hello Dave,

Thanks for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  Billy replied 3 years ago.
Hello Dave and welcome! I'm Billy and i will assist you with this.

My apologies for the delay, thank you for your patience.

There is the central electrical control unit (having the circuits, relays), under the dash (the trim above the foot well needs removing for access).

When you get to this, check the connectors (make sure ignition is off), they should all have tight and clean contacts. On your model, the roof controller commonly fails as well. However, having checked the connectors, and if the problem persists, you'll need to get the vehicle connected on to a diagnostics computer, and operate the roof, to check whether any of the sensors or switches are faulty, or the controller is not operating (so you get the roof controller replaced or fixed).

Thank you for your trust! Get back to me if you need more assistance...Thank you in advance for the positive rating...
http://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-billy/

Regards, Billy
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for that. I will try this out and get back to you.

Cheers

Dave

Expert:  Billy replied 3 years ago.
Waiting for your findings... Best of luck!
Hello Dave,

The Professional is waiting to hear from you. Please let me know if you still require our services.