Billy
Billy, Trainer/ Master Technician
Experience:  Trainer 8+ years, master tech. 10+ years, SAE member
30385560

For a Peugeot(NNN) NNN-NNNN1600 auto -dashboard electrics

Customer Question

For a Peugeot(NNN) NNN-NNNN1600 auto
I (or someone who knows more about auto electrical than me) am going to want to wire and fit a USB socket (http://www.bluesea.com/products/1016) to either the dashboard (near rear window heating and hazard warning buttons) or to the (passenger side) glove box.
This will involve drilling a hole in either to fit the USB socket.

(i) what do you think is the best location to drill the hole /ensure there's enough room behind the dash /glovebox to fit the accessory
(ii) earth wiring...is the nearest purpose-built earth point on the steering column, or is there another one near the cigar lighter?
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Expert:  Billy replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome! I'm Billy and i will assist you with this.

My apologies for the delay, thank you for your patience.

It would fit in both locations. However, to be safe, i would go for the glove box, as it does have more room, and there are no wires that you risk to damage while drilling.

Any metallic chassis point can be used for ground. Behind the glove compartment, behind the dash, on the steering column, or even on the ground, under the carpets in the corners of the foot wells. You can test whether you have a good chassis point, by putting one pin of a multimeter on this ground point, and the other on the battery positive, and measure, you should get battery voltage, if the ground point is good.

Kindly get back to me if you need further info.

Regards,
Billy