Nathan B
Nathan B, Mechanic
Experience:  20+ years experience working on a wide range of vehicles both as an employee and also running my own garage
27720961

my 206 1.4 hdi is having starting problems .... from cold

Customer Question

my 206 1.4 hdi is having starting problems ....
from cold she starts no trouble at all but when she has run for 30 minutes or so and then she is parked up for 1/2 hour or so she will not start....when the ignition is switched on all the instruments work ok except the temperature gauge which stays on zero...after turning the key a few times the temperature guage moves to correct position.... i have fitted a new temperature sensor/switch checked for loose / broken wiring and removed the instrument cluster to check for anything untoward..when replacing the battery and turning on the ignition the instruments flicker then settle down after a couple of seconds.by this time the engine has cooled and starts ok please advise
Category: Peugeot