Mike
Mike, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

My Peugot Expert will start from cold but will not start after

Customer Question

My Peugot Expert will start from cold but will not start after a run when the engine is hot after approx half an hour wait it will then start can you help
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.

Mike :

Hello and Welcome to justanswer.... My name is MIKE - Im happy to help you with this...

Mike :

I see you are not on / in live chat at this time... So when you come back - please tell me - all / everything that has beeb done / tried / tested etc -

Mike :

Too - any fault codes retrieved ..

Mike :

have any other parts at all been replaced than the sensor.....? Also - what is its mileage - service history like?

Mike :

The more you can tell me, the better I can help you

Mike :

Please also give me its Full reg number -

Mike :

Please type your reply here / info here... When I receive your reply - I will get back to you asap thereafter - Kind Rgds, MIKE........................................

Customer :

Hi Mike, we have replaced the injector seals and sleeves as they were leaking, we have DTC p1198 and when the engine is hot the vehicle will not start. The vehicle has done 160,000 miles and is serviced regularly, Reg No is KM58HLK

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello again Clive -

Thank you for your reply and further info...

The code you have there Clive - the P1198.. the meaning of that is as follows:

P1198 Permanent fault, diesel high pressure monitoring flow regulator at stop

Now- basically, that generally means on these HDi models, that the pump is at fault..

What happens with these when the system is hot - the diesel runs that bit thinner ( as hot oil would - ) and because of that, the pump cannot build and maintain the pressure / fuel pressure thats needed for the Ecu to open the injectors, so , it won't start - as you have. With these - the Ecu has to "see" the correct pressure in the system -then it will open / operate the injectors...so you can see how this issue would cause your problems.

With this then - I would strongly suggest that you have a Diesel Specialist test this for you - they have all the special test equipment that is needed over and above most local garages - its just that they "specialise" -so they invest in all the equipment - Even dealers will send such issues to such places - ( or they just replace with "new" which on theses, prices can be horrific )... the specialist are considerably cheaper.

Often times, its the pressure sensor too thats at fault but they will / can also test that too..

But thats the next step on this now Clive - have the system pressure tested at least first then the pump tested or how it goes on the results to get this sorted for you -

Let me know if you need anything more on this at all -

You need now to click on the OK rating to Excellent ratings service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Mike, are you talking about the fuel pump in the tank or the injector pump?

Thaks

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hi there Clive -

Im referring to the in tank pump with this issue Clive....

IF thats proven ok - ( or some didn't have them) - then you move to the main pump -after having done the sensor ...

Best Rgds - MIKE.
.................. Please do click on the OK / Excellent ratings button for me now - as thats how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that.

You can get back to me anytime you might need too after that - you are always welcome.

Rgds - MIKE...