Robert
Robert, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

Hi, I have a Peugeot 806 (95 model) with factory fitted locking

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Peugeot 806 (95 model) with factory fitted locking wheel nuts.
The key is the type with four small steel pins that engage in the bolt recessed in the wheel.
Three pins have broken off (and the tyre has a slow puncture.)
Please do you have a suggestion to remove the recessed bolt, the other four wheel bolts are normal for the alloy wheel, so I can get the wheel off?
Thank you, Pete
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

Unless you can get smack an old slightly down size socket over the the security bolt without damaging the area around the bolt recessed in on the alloy.that's one way - or there are some cheap locking wheel nut removal extraction sockets out there - that in a sense is a left handed threaded socket which grips the head of the security bolt so you able to remove them.but obviously can't be re-installed since the security key is as you say broken.unless you have a spare wheel bolt to put in place until you can find another locking wheel nut security set..

If another key needs to be purchased with that code then im afraid that's usually always direct from the dealer for that as those pins are placed on the key in such a way that it only fits your car/security bolts...

Another alternative is to maybe just opt to have your slow punctured repaired at the same time the tyre centre or garage will or should have an extraction set to get that out..I do hope this helps

Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.
Hi..there..

I see you have viewed your answer recently.and just wondered if you required any further help?

If you need to follow up or ask anything else ? then you are always more than welcome too and continue on the same question should you need to ask anything else..

Regards[Robert]