Robert
Robert, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

diesel adative on a307 is it adblue

Customer Question

diesel adative on a307 is it adblue
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully I can help..

No it will be a special Eolys additive for these..It is filled via the eolys fluid holding tank under the car mounted/next to your fuel tank- this is usually carried out at roughly 80 / 100k mile mark...This is not really a task recommended on a diy bases as the fluid is toxic if handled/filling without gloves - and can be awkward to refill if you don't have the proper facilities to get the car high enough ie:- 2post/4post lift.I do know peugeot do sell the fluid/kit but you'll need ensure they give you the correct stuff based on the details of your car. Then one the tank has been refilled the whole system inc the fluid level sensor reset via a suitable diagnostic machine - usually one that's capable of dealing with brand like you have ie:-"peugeot planet" as that's the only way to reset the counter for the eolys level once the tank has been refilled..this is most usually a job that needs to be done via the dealer but you could try a local "good" independent or a independent specialist who can carry out the the job you require a little cheaper..I do hope this helps