Shantal-Mod
Shantal-Mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73554018

hi i have a pug 306 and i would like to know what colour the

Customer Question

hi i have a pug 306 and i would like to know what colour the indecator wires on the rear of the car because i want to put in a resistor for my led bulbs.
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Mark replied 4 years ago.

Mark :

Hello.

Mark :

Peugeot wiring is not colour coded in the conventional way. The use a numbering system for each wire.

Mark :

The number is found on the insulation near the terminal block. It might require a torch and a magnifying glass to read it. The N/S rear wire is 2333 and the O/S is 2343.

Mark :

However the easiest way to determine the correct wires is by using either a test light or multimeter and probing the wires at each lamp. You should switch on the hazard lamps whilst testing. When you probe the correct wire on each side either the test lamp will flash or the multimeter will show 12v, 0v, 12v indicating the flash voltage is being detected.

JACUSTOMER-yo7ndwww- :

thankyou very much for the exellent info .i tested the wires with a test light as you described and the resitors to make the l.e.d bulbs go slow worked,thanks again

Mark :

That's great. Glad to help.

Mark :

Please remember to rate my assistance as I don't get paid until you do.

Mark :

Thanks again.

Mark :

Mark.

Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Please remember to rate the answer given once you are satisfied.

There is no extra charge for follow-up questions.