Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

Hey, I have a 2008 207 and the airbag warning light has been

Customer Question

Hey, I have a 2008 207 and the airbag warning light has been on for somewhile now. Its due a MOT and the diagnostics are saying that there is "an open circuit fault on the nearside" but without stripping bits down, we're unble to ascertain what it is exactly.... Any suggestions. Thanks Tara
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Hello Tara,

Hello Tara,

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?

Expert:  Greg replied 4 years ago.
Hi Tara ,

My name is Greg and i will be assistaing you with this Airbag warning light issue .

All i need for starters to help you with this issue, is the airbag malfunction code that the shop got out with his scan tool .

Post me the code .

Rgds Greg
Hello Tara,

There is a Professional ready to assist you. Please let me know if you still require assistance.

Expert:  Greg replied 4 years ago.
Hi Tara .

Did you get the last message i sent .

Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Sorry for the delay - here's the code:-

C608

Expert:  Greg replied 4 years ago.
Hi Tara thank you .

The code C608 is your Front right side airbag ignition module fault : Open circuit .

Open circuit meaning the wiring to the airbag is disconnected or a damaged wiring harness or the Airbag itself has a problem ,
The wiring harness will have to be checked and tested ,then the airbag will have to be tested if all these check out good then you may have a problem with the airbag control module .

What i suggest you do first is have the tech's clear the codes and recheck if the code comes back .

Then the only way to check this is to remove parts to check the wiring and airbag .

Need further assistance then please get back to me.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back with the reply box below and not the poor or bad service button ,

For further assistance there is no extra charge after accepting.

Rgds Greg