Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

Radiator fan on my 2008 308 Sport continues for up to 7 minutes

Customer Question

Radiator fan on my 2008 308 Sport continues for up to 7 minutes after the engine is switched off & also kicks in when the ignition is on but the engine has not started. The car is not overheating. What might be causing this?
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?

Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Hi .

This is normally a faulty temp sensor ,this will not trip any malfunction codes as long it is within its limits ,you will need a scan tool in live mode to see what the temp reading are if the readings are 93c and stays there then the fans will stay on .(sticking temp sensor ).
The ECM will switch off the fans off after a time limit has been reached, but will switch back on if the sensor still reads high , if the temp sensor is good the the temp control module is faulty and should be tested.

Need further assistance please get back to me .

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back with the reply box below and not the poor or bad service button ,

For further assistance there is no extra charge after accepting.

Rgds Greg