Robert
Robert, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

Hi My peugeot diesel 206 D style 1.9 has a problem with accelerator

Customer Question

Hi My peugeot diesel 206 D style 1.9 has a problem with accelerator about a month ago thought it started to rev way too much as the head wasn't closing so thought it was the compensator/damper on the accelerator cable. Now the accelerator pedal is on the floor virtually and it wont rev at all and i cannot drive it. It could be the cable or the dampner still but now the pedal has no give and is loose any ideas
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Robert replied 4 years ago.

Hopefully i can help..

Usually if the cable is loose and the pedal has fallen to the floor with no effort to increase the revs or pull the throttle lever on the pump..would maybe suggest either the cable has actually either internally stretched or snapped or there is an adjustment problem - this is of course its is still attacted to the top of the pedal in the car aswell as at the pump on the engine.so you would need to carefully check all that aswell as ensure the cable is properly seated all the way round especially so at the adjustment/adjuster this is the part on the end of the cable engine end with ridges/stop clip the cable can be adjusted there is there...