Mark
Mark, Peugeot Certified Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified technician and MOT tester.
69494627

I have a 2003 206 1.4 8valve , iv got a fault code p0203 no3

Customer Question

I have a 2003 206 1.4 8valve , iv got a fault code p0203 no3 inj fault .checked earth, wires from inj to ecu , all fine ecu has been tested all fine , new injector no 3 , Peugeot plugs , it starts missing when its warm , its fine when its cold any ideas
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Mark replied 3 years ago.

Mark :

Hello.

Mark :

What method did you use to check the wiring from the ecu to the injector?

JACUSTOMER-okvxhj9i- :

With a ohms meter I checked the resistant between the two

Mark :

Normally that would be fine but this fault code is for an injector circuit malfunction.

Mark :

This means the fault is either with the ecu output, the injector or the wiring.

Mark :

As it only happens once it's warm would indicate either a fault with the ecu internally or a connection fault in the wiring which opens up with heat.

Mark :

To test the wiring, you should isolate both ends similar to doing an ohms test but introduce a 12v supply at one end, a load at the other end and then measure the voltage drop on the wire.

Mark :

Doing an ohms test wont show if a wire is broken if even one strand is touching but a voltage drop test will show that enough current wont pass through the circuit.

Mark :

If the wiring proves to be good, then the fault must be in the ecu output stage.