Robert
Robert, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

i have a partner van 11 plate oil light and stop warning light

Customer Question

i have a partner van 11 plate oil light and stop warning light lit also display shows oil pressure fault. sounds like no oil is getting to tappits
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

There could be few reasons - though first as you may of have done already is to ensure the oil level is in fact correct when the car is on level ground as always to get an better reading - if that is ok - then other checks would have to involve checking oil pressure - you'll need a proper guage/equipment to monitor the pressure to ensure it is indeed correct and the pump is in fully working order to circulate the oil properly at the correct pressure or via diagnostic machine to monitor it, the gauge is literally put in place of the pressure switch and the monitor the pressure and see if its within spec - if it is however then you may likely have a fault oil pressure sender not to uncommon for these to go faulty -,if not then you either a failed oil pump/ possible blocked pick up in the sump or major blockage somewhere in the oil ways - hence all three could be the reason for the top end noise and lack of pressure - As mentioned another likely cause could be inside the sump itself ie: the pick-up/strainer is getting blocked slightly - the only way to check that out properly or fully is to have the sump removed from the engine to get a better look and the pick up inspected and cleared out - once that's done and checked and everything back together - then the correct grade of new oil and oil filter can be fitted and then see if that makes any difference..so there are few things above that can be checked and hopefully solve the issue. maybe try a full engine oil and oil filter change and see if that makes any difference.this is on the assumption that hasn't been done for quite a while...I do hope this helps