mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

I have an 806 96 reg. I took the battery off and when I replaced

Customer Question

I have an 806 96 reg. I took the battery off and when I replaced it the immobiliser wont let me start the car.
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  mike_a_mechanic replied 4 years ago.
Hi,my name is mike and I will assist you with your question.
Try this and let me know what happens.
Disconnect the negative battery cable and the positive battery cable for 10 minutes,then reconnect the cables and turn the key to the on position but do not start and leave the key in the on position for 5 minutes,then try to start the vehicle.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks I'll let you know.......

No problem,thank you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

That hasn't worked. I'll leave it off until the morning and try again.

Ok if it does not work in the morning the system has set a hard fault and will have to be reset using a diagnostic scan tool.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Do I need to disconnect the battery over night and when I try again will I need to put the code back in?

Yes try to leave the battery disconnected over night and then try to enter the code.