Mark
Mark, Peugeot Certified Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified technician and MOT tester.
69494627

since ive had my 307 2.0 hdi

Customer Question

since ive had my 307 2.0 hdi the steering lock on it has never worked and its just failed an mot on it whats the problem ? is it simple to fix ? is it a common problem ?

Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Mark replied 3 years ago.

Mark :

Hello.

Mark :

The steering lock is not a testable item. If this is the reason why your car failed then you must inform VOSA and report the garage concerned.

Mark :

Ask the garage for an appeal form informing them why you are appealing their refusal for a test certificate.

Mark :

They have to comply with your request.

JACUSTOMER-nr9d5aut- : The steering lock has been a testable item since March 2013 I already checked this . Just wondered how I can fix it
Mark :

Steering locks are not normally repairable. If it is faulty then it will need to be replaced.