mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

I need to replace the indicator/light stalk assembly on my

Customer Question

I need to replace the indicator/light stalk assembly on my 807.
How do I disable and remove the steering wheel airbag please?
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  mike_a_mechanic replied 3 years ago.

Hello, welcome. My name is Mike, I will do my very best to
assist you with your question.

1. Disconnect the battery.
2. Adjust the steering wheel so its fully away from the dash and as low as it goes, then use a torx screwdriver to remove the 2 screws on the bottom of the cowling around the column, then remove the lower section, and lift away the upper section.
3.Then look in the hole at the side of the steering wheel, you will see a metal clip, use a long flat screw driver (to push the metal clips inwards, as you pull that side of the air bag from the steering wheel, repeat on the other side and pull the unit away from the wheel, there are three connectors, one spade terminal in the middle, a green multi plug at the top, and blue at the bottom, disconnect these (referring to the replacement for how they come off), remove air bag.
4. Undo the bolt in the center of the steering wheel (large torx), (note alignment mark on the column/wheel splines)
5. Use a 10mm socket to undo the metal band securing the stalk to the column,(underneath). Then lever the plastic tabs on the stalk unit, and pull it towards you, disconnect the wiring and pull it off the column.