Robert
Robert, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

hi, I have a Peugeot 307 cc 180,04 plate the engine diagnostic

Customer Question

hi,
I have a Peugeot 307 cc 180,04 plate
the engine diagnostic warning light has come on and the message antipollution fault has come on, what is the fault and is it easy to fix
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

I assume this will be a 2litre petrol engine?

How does the car run generally since this warning appeared? any drivability /engine peformance issues?

What's is current mileage and service repair history?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes 2ltr petrol

Seems to have no guts in it now

On 79k .no Idea about service as not long had it but says anotherv7 k before needs it

Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..there thanks for you reply..

Ok..the antipollution is just a generic fault warning that and coincide with the engine management means the car ecu has detected the fault - ideally the next stage you have to take on this is as any garage would do this first is to get it scanned for the relevent faults to be able to track exactly whats at fault here as both warning can cover a a huge area of possible faults aswell as codes..so as you'll understand the diagnostic route will have to the first step then see exactly what the codes are and take it from there - the most common in regards to these fault is usually missfire fault bad sparkplugs or coils or a fault in reagrds to catalyst "catalytic converter" either failed or blocked thus lack in power or oxygen lambda sensors on the exhaust can all have knock on effect in regards to lack of power etc but those are usually the most common but without knowing the exatc fault codes your cars logged it hard to say it just an easy fix with replacement sensor or not..also one other area that can cause this too would be to maybe look up too is in regards to the timing belt/and any documentation to maybe say its been done - as since being a RFK engine code as per your 2.0litre 180hp petrol its generally every or upto nearing 72,000miles or 10yrs which ever comes first under normal conditions so if it a timing related fault codes being logged then that something you need to look at having done..but as above the best step you need to take now is to get the car scanned and see what currently logged as per faults codes and that should help pin point exactly whats at fault and possible costs..I do hope this helps- if you need to ask anything else or inc lude any further info then just continue before you rate..