Mike
Mike, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Peugeot 207 cc 1600 ESP fault

Customer Question

Peugeot 207 cc 1600 ESP fault
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is MIKE -

Can you tell me what issues you are experiencing - or is it that you just have the ESP fault light on?

Too - have you any results of any tests been done?

Rgds, MIKE.......................................
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Mike ,yes the ESP light has come on ,on the fascia ,plus ESP fault on the multifunction display screen and a light on the ESP button ...???

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello again Mark -

Thank you for your reply.

Okay - often this is accompanied with a loud Beep noise too -

But - Im afraid there is really nothing at all you can do on a DIY basis with this - when this happens , the computer that controls that system will have logged fault codes pertaining to the fault- what you have to do now is get those codes read - by using garage plug in test equipment to the OBD socket on the car. Once the codes are read, that as I say, will ID the fault -then it can be fixed from there.

Im sorry I simply cannot say exactly at this pointg what will be wrong - I can only advise as to the way forward now -

There are several things that can / and do go wrong on this system to its really not possible to say which has failed on yours - and guessing would be expensive -and so I have to recommend as above on this one now.

So do that Mark - have the fault codes read.. Any dealer can do that for you - as can any local correctly equipped garage - so thats the next step on this now to see what's needed... let me know how you get on... Im always happy to help more if needed..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Let me know if you need anything more on this at all -

Please do click on the OK rating to Excellent ratings service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.