mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

the depollution warning light comes on with a ping sound then

the depollution warning light comes on with a ping sound then the car cuts out and dies on me in some dangerous places. I have had the car in garage e few times and they cannot find anything wrong. I have paid to have it on diagnostics and they cant find anything wrong filters have been changed but it is still doing it.Can you helpi am so frustrated with it.thanks
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  mike_a_mechanic replied 3 years ago.

Hello, welcome. My name isXXXXX will do my very best to
assist you with your question.

What is the year,make,and model of the vehicle?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the year is 09 and the model is Peugeot 407sw diesel. thankyou

From what you are describing this issue is consistent with a failing mass air flow sensor. The mass air flow sensor measures the fuel/air mixture to the engine and this sensor normally doesn't show a fault on the diagnostic test.
Experience: 17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thankyou for your information how do I rectify the prob lem, is it somrthing the garage should be able to do.

Yes the garage will be able to change out the mass air flow sensor which will fix the issue.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.