Robert
Robert, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

peugeot 307 estate 2005 soon as turned on, audible signal

peugeot 307 estate 2005
soon as turned on, audible signal and message on multifonction displa7 (engine management s7stem fault)
could 7ou please tell me what it can be ... thank7ou
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.
Hi..

Hopefully I can help..

What engine size does the car have? ie: size/fuel type

How does the car run performance wise,start generally since or prior to this problem?

What its current mileage and recent service,repair history?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Robert

engine 1600 cc petrol.66000 miles ,big service done in ma7

this car run ever7 da7 without problem and alwa7s start

Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.
Hi..there thanks for your reply..

If at anytime the warning light does appear - then it will mean basically your cars ECU has picked up on a fault - with the engine management - emission control system / one of the engine sensors which maybe running outside there normal parameters or has simply become faulty/signalling fault or the wiring/plug connectors to those are causing the fault to flag up and thus this is why the message appears - the warning can cover quite a wide area of possible faults - so it can be extremely difficult to actually pin it to one area on the engine especially so as you haven't any noticeable issues as far as your aware yet - then the only best way forward to track the fault down properly is to have your car hooked upto a suitable diagnostic machine to interrogate the ecu in regards XXXXX XXXXX fault code(s) and or at least locate exactly where the fault is - any good local garage with proper equipment will have to that first im afraid and that will have to be your next move on this..If you can maybe have careful look around the engine bay and check to make sure nothing electrical / plug wise has become loose damaged etc or if you had any very recent work carried out on the car then it would be worth having the garage in question to re-check nothing has been knocked or not been fitted back properly.. if you can't see anything out of place etc then the next step is the test and see what your ecu has picked up on and take it from there..In the mean time as your describe the should be ok to use but i wouldn't recommend extended journeys until this has been diagnosed..one thing you could try is a fuel system treatment "for petrol engines".I do hope this helps..If you need to ask anything else or include further then just continue before you rate..

Robert, Peugeot Technician
Experience: Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK