sean
sean, Car and LCV technician
Experience:  Technician for 30 years.
31670004

Hi, I have a Peugeot 407 on a 55 plate, im having trouble

Customer Question

I have a Peugeot 407 on a 55 plate, i'm having trouble with the heater.
It works on the passengers side but no heat on the drivers side, the air comes out of the vents in the correct sequence with the controls (which leads me to think that the flaps are working OK), but it's cold air only.
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  sean replied 3 years ago.

Hello, I hope the following assists you.

You are correct to suspect a broken heater flap this is very common on this model and gives the symptoms you describe. The airflow will work correctly as it's the hot/cold flap that will have broken not the air direction flaps, these flaps are made of plastic and become brittle.

Unfortunately to replace the flap means removing the heater assembly which is quite a large job as you need to remove the dash to do so.

An example of a repair kit is http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HEATER-FLAP-REPAIR-KIT-FOR-PEUGEOT-407-CITROEN-C5-DUAL-ZONE-AIR-CONDITIONING-/370914430267?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item565c390d3b

as you can see the part is not cheap, I'm aware of people buying a second hand heater assembly rather than just replacing a flap.

I hope this helps, let me know if I can assist further.

Best wishes,

Sean.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for the advice, ti's been very helpfull.

Is there any specific order to dismantling the dash, where do I start?

Expert:  sean replied 3 years ago.

Hello again,

start with removing the center part of the dash where the audio unit fits in, if my memory serves me correctly you need to remove some fasteners from under the bonnet as well. The dash comes out in quite a large lump so it's not as much work as you would expect but is long winded. Also you'll need to drain the A.C system and plug the heater hoses.

Let me know if I can assist further.

Best regards,

Sean.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks very much Sean you've been a great help

Expert:  sean replied 3 years ago.

No problem,

let me know if I can assist further.

Best regards,

Sean.