mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

807 steering knock

Customer Question

hi i am struggling to identify issue with my 807 have a slight knocking in steering when going from one direction to the other when parking or stationery have had all suspension and bjs checked suspect its steering rack is that probable? the knock can be heard and felt through the bulkhead and steering peugoet say there is nothing they  can do even though under gold warranty will not commit to cause therefore will not repair .please help

Category: Peugeot
Expert:  mike_a_mechanic replied 3 years ago.

Hello, welcome. My name isXXXXX will do my very best to
assist you with your question.

The issue that you are having is in fact consistent with a internal failure to the steering rack.The internal bushings to the rack is what is failing and resulting in the noise and feeling that you are getting from the steering.I am also a warranty inspector and this is a common failure.