Mike
Mike, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Hi I have a pegeot Bipper van and the control for setting the

Customer Question

Hi I have a pegeot Bipper van and the control for setting the fan speed has stopped working, the heater works fine but the fan isnt, is this an easy fix? or a common problem.
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Shantal,

Please kepp trying if you can.

Dan

Hello Dan,

Thank you for your patience, we will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Hello Dan,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Shantal,

I would like you to continue please , if you cant do I get a refund?

Dan

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello - and Welcome..

My name is MIKE - Im sorry to see you have had a wait on your question -

Before we progress - can I just ask - does your model have an electronic control display for the heater system - or manual rotational buttons?

Rgds, MIKE................................
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Mike,

Thanks for helping me, my model has the manual rotational buttons,

I hope this helps

Dan

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hi again -

Thank you for that Dan-

These do suffer with resistor failure on the fan unit / circuit - usually the symptoms are with that that the fan motor will work only on the highest setting ..

But there is a common issue with these- that is where the brushes on the motor wear / stick and the heater motor then wont work - A trick is to have the heater switched on - access the wires to the motor and wiggle them. Often that will make the motor come on -and it be ok for a while.

If it keeps doing it though - a new motor unit is usually needed. Its easily changed - just undo the screws you see around the base of the motor unit and it drops out ;)

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Let me know if you need anything more on this at all -

Please do click on the OK rating to Excellent ratings service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.