Mark
Mark, Peugeot Certified Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified technician and MOT tester.
69494627

My car is refusing the start on cold mornings..what do you

Customer Question

My car is refusing the start on cold mornings..what do you reckon is the problem and how do I fix it? Thank you
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Mark replied 2 years ago.

Mark :

Hello.

Mark :

Can you tell me the make, model, year, engine size and if petrol or diesel.

Mark :

JACUSTOMER-iyfo3qnl- :

its a 307 hdi diesel 2004 2.0

Mark :

The first thing you need to check are all the glowplugs are working.

JACUSTOMER-iyfo3qnl- :

I think they are fine. because its happened before and after a while it kicked

JACUSTOMER-iyfo3qnl- :

You weren't able to give me an "expert" advice..neither did you provide me sufficient details needed to help me

Mark :

Just because you think the glowplugs are fine doesn't mean they are. You need to have them removed and tested. If any are found to be faulty, you should replace them all.

Mark :

Your original question never mentioned that it happened before and it would start after a while.

Mark :

That still doesn't mean it wont be the glowplugs at fault though.

Mark :

How you reckon I gave bad service is unfair. You asked 'what do you reckon the problem is' and 'how to fix it'.

Mark :

I told you what I reckoned the fault was and that you needed to check them.

JACUSTOMER-iyfo3qnl- :

Well checked it and it wasn't glowplugs... My battery also went flat because apparently i tried kicking it for sometime and it wouldn't start... Went to buy a new battery and was told told the one in it is fine..perhaps its something with the engine

Mark :

The next thing you need to check is the cylinder compressions and then to see if the fuel pressure is correct.