Mike
Mike, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

hi,I have a peugeot 206 1.9d,The heater has stopped working!Have

Customer Question

hi,

I have a peugeot 206 1.9d,The heater has stopped working!Have checked the whole systemand the problem seems to be there is only 4.8 volts at fuse 40 and 38?How are these fuses suppliedand how do you remove the fuse box?
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I can wait i thought at the time of asking the question there was a pug expert!! On line?But thanks for replying and your time

Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name isXXXXX have been asked to help you -

Exactly what readings (volts ) do you get at the heater motor conenctions when tested ? If you haven't done that yet - please do and let me know...

Too - will the motor work on any selected speed ?

Will the motor work if powered directly?

Rgds, MIKE....................................

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the motor won't work on any speed!The motor works if supplied with 12v directly the heater resister is fine the problem is the supply voltage at the fuse box! It reads 4.8 v which is only not sure of the term but lets call it a surface charge because when the motor is plugged in the reading at the motor drops to 0v unplug the motor 4.8v so its definatly a supplly problem also next to fuse 40 which is the heater fuse is a thick red hire not sure where this run but it goes up towards the ignition i think that wire is also reading 4.8v.The top bank of fuses are reading 12v so its got to be the supply to the bottom bank of fuses possibly a relay? if thats how there supplied or a green connection?hope this helps Paul

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello again Paul -

Thank you for your reply -

Please give me the FULL reg number of the vehilce -

Rgds, MIKE..................................

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

YT51 RPU

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello again -

Thank you for that -

Ok - I have checked this system for you - and it appears you most likely have a fault with what is called the Heater function control module..

This is located behind / adjacent to the left hand top grill ( heater / air flow grill ) on the top of the dash -

That will need to be further investigated - A plug in test with Peugeot equipment is the quickest way to ID this but you may find connection faults if you take a look - but thats the way forward on this given what you have described.

Earlier models did suffer with bad wiring on these - on the heater circuit - so it may just be worth following the wiring right through - just to check / just in case - but other than that , its as above to get this sorted for you..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.

Let me know if you need anything else -

Please do click on the "OK rating to Excellent ratings" service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Do you mean the heater resister pack with the resistance coils in, fitted in the air flow pipe of the heater ducting because if you do its definately not that.The problem is before the switch not after?

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hi again -

Im sorry I missed your reply yesterday -

No - thats the resistor. When thats faulty, you will get it working through normal control - but only in the high setting - its not that .

This HCM is located - well, as I mentioned - above - behind and to the left of the pass side vent panel - you have to locate that and deal with that as above -it attached to the underside of the dash -not in any trunking..

I cant really tell you anymore as that is all there is really / as above... but let me know if I can help anymore at all , I will...

Kind Rgds - MIKE.

.................Please do click on the OK/ Excellent ratings for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for doing that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Rgds, MIKE.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Mike, I am away for a few days at the moment I am doing this on my phone!When i get back i promise to leave you feedback sorry for delay again thanks for your help have a good new year cheers Paul

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello there Paul -

Thank you for your reply... and info..

I understand - phone access is not as good as pc etc -

So yes, if you can do that for me when you can ( click on the OK ratings for me - thats the important thing... ) I'd appreciate that , thank you ..

All the very best Paul -

MIKE.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Mike,

Have returned home and spent some quality time with my motor!Have looked for this module but it hasn't got one?This vehicle has manual a/c if this makes any differance.The loom comes straight through the bulk head sraight to the fuse box there is no wire to the heater circuit or fuse box where you said?Have gone through system and found the heater fuses and bottom bank of fuses are supplied by the ignition switch!And its the ignition switch that has failed,I am in process of tracking one down!

cheers Paul

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello again Paul -

Thank you for your message... This is one trouble with Peugeot - they do tend to change things as seems to suit them.. The odd thing is though - that control unit is showing per your reg number that you gave me......

Anyway - if you have it sorted, thats the main thing of course - Im glad to hear it ;)

... If there is ever anything else, Im always happy to help.

I would appreciate if you would click on the OK ratings for me Paul so that Im credited for my time etc in helping you ... and once again, thank you for that .. and all the very best ..

Kind Rgds - MIKE.