Mike
Mike, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

When you put my Peugeot boxer in reverse it goes in first

Customer Question

When you put my Peugeot boxer in reverse it goes in first gear
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is MIKE - Im happy to help you ..

This will need physical investigation - but you will usually find that the either the cable selectors are misaligned - or, the bracket has broken that aligns the gears - and thus - you get what you have.

Sometimes its just that they have come loose - often the case after work on the vehicle such as a clutch change etc - but that is where you need to be looking - the gears need re aligning and re affixing.

Its rare that the fault with this is within the transmission itself so so do check it out as above first..

Kind Rgds , MIKE.

Let me know if you need anything more on this at all -

Meantime -

Please do click on the "OK rating to Excellent ratings" service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Very Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.