Robert
Robert, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

air bag light on permanently on my 2006 [facelift] Peugeot

Customer Question

air bag light on permanently on my 2006 [facelift] Peugeot 307 cc 2.0 petrol
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

In most cases with these faults - It will have to be tested diagnostically - it needs the proper equipment plugging in to scan the Airbag/SRS systems ecu for the logged faults codes and too - see exactly where the fualt is on the system before you go any further as to checking/removing/disconnecting parts of the system - there isn't really any other safe method to check this system properly and to basically aviod personal injury especially dealing with the airbag system itself - It would certainly be undoubtedly quicker if have already check the under connectors which in a sense can be quite common for causing such faults but as you have inpsected them as far as you tell are ok and the warning is still coming up - then next step as you may surmise - would be a case of phoning around to find out if anyone locally has the equipment/ability to scan the system and see what needs done to rectify the fualt and reset the system properly so it works as it should in the event of a collision,the warning will only ever go off once the initial fault is rectified and its self test has completed and hasnt found any faults hence the light goes out - you should also double check just to be sure the light your seeing isnt because the passenger airbag has been deactivated via the deactivation switch "if fitted" as this will leave a warning light on if the passenger airbag is off..so something to certainly rule out..but as above there is no easy way to check this system on a diy bases unfortunatly without some sort of diagnostic testing to see where the "actual" fault is on that system..I do hope this helps..

Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.
.