Mark
Mark, Peugeot Certified Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified technician and MOT tester.
69494627

I have a Peugeot 206cc 1.6l 16v year 2003 the engine warning

Customer Question

I have a Peugeot 206cc 1.6l 16v year 2003 the engine warning light just came on and now its running lumpy I had noticed that I had some oil drips under the car and traced them to the rear rocker box cover looks like it may have a slight leak I was going to replace the gasket as all bolts seem nipped up so I put it down to the gasket could this be it or is it the injectors??
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Mark replied 3 years ago.

Mark :

Hello, my name is Mark and I will try help you with this.

Mark :

It is very unlikely that the slight oil leak is causing the engine management light to come on.

Mark :

What you need to do is have a scan tool connect to the car and read what fault codes have been stored.

Mark :

The fault code will give an indication as to what is causing the engine to run lumpy.

Mark :

It could be a few different things, not just the injectors that would cause these symptoms.

Mark :

Why the poor service rating?