Mark
Mark, Peugeot Certified Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified technician and MOT tester.
69494627

Just had a replacement clutch in my 206 xsi hdi 54 reg. The

Customer Question

Just had a replacement clutch in my 206 xsi hdi '54 reg. The garage disconnected the battery so had to reset the clock. The next time I started up The engine management warning came up and stays on and I get a message saying antipollution fault, any ideas?
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Mark replied 2 years ago.

Mark :

Hello, my name is Mark and I will try help you with this.

Mark :

This has nothing to do with the battery having been disconnected but it could have been something that was done during the clutch replacement.

Mark :

It is possible the garage have either left a sensor disconnected or damaged during the clutch replacement process.

Mark :

What you need to have done is connect the car to a suitable scan tool to see what fault code is stored.

Mark :

It is also possible that it has nothing at all to do with the work and you have an unlucky co-incidence.

JACUSTOMER-ngdv75iv- :

the garage i used reckon they fit 2 clutches per week in 206's and are very experienced, they haven't left a sensor disconnected and doubt they've damaged one, their work is guaranteed,. To get the car connected to a suitable scan tool is something I was trying to avoid by asking you because of the cost involved . I could have done that in the first place and saved £13. Basically you've earned your money by giving me no advice whatsoever, you haven't given me any clue as to why that warning light has come on. Having now talked on forums it could be any number of things including contaminated fuel, battery connection and air intake . You didn't suggest any of these why?

Mark :

As you say I didn't mention any of these things. What I did say was you need a scan tool to find the reason. What is the point in listing 100 different guesses. As you now know from the forums you do need to have it connected to a scan tool.

Mark :

Of course the garage are going to say it wasn't them. I also said that too was a possibility.

Mark :

So to recap, everything I told you has been correct. The garage that did the work probably have a scan tool. If they are so confident of their work why don't they connect the tool, read the code and prove it was nothing to do with them. It would take them less than 10 minutes to confirm what code is stored.

Mark :

The actual things you read on the forum are contaminated fuel,(did anyone fuel the vehicle during the job), the battery connection,(didn't you say they disconnected the battery, so they could have caused a problem there) and the air intake (This would be disconnected during the clutch replacement meaning once again they have touched it and maybe not put it back properly).

Mark :

The last point to make is you have NOT paid me a penny because you rated my service as poor. The money you paid is held in your JA account and you can ask to have it returned.

Mark :

Regards.

Mark :

Mark.

Mark :

Can you please change your rating.

Mark :