Robert
Robert, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

my peugeot 206s abs warning light came on but there is no

Customer Question

my peugeot 206`s abs warning light came on but there is no bleep or signal on the instument panel
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

Usually the most common fault is the wheel speed sensor(s) or /trigger/reluctor rings the sensor actually reads,monitors - if these are broken,crakced even or missing teeth or fouled in anyway between the airgap of the sensor and trigger ring then this will flag up the abs light on the dash another could be a wiring fault between the sensor and the abs control module from which ever wheel speed sensor or too the main abs control unit/module- in itself could also be faulty too...worn wheel bearings to can also have and added effect and cause the light to come on - so those would need to be checked - if at all possible with fault such as these unless you can check each sensor and the plug connectors and make sure the pins are clean - any damage you see on the wiring/sensor,aswell as the mian harness at the abs unti and check the pins on that - the next stage the cars abs system would need to be checked or scanned using a diagnostic machine depending on its capabilty and whislt driving the car with the machine hooked up to the 16 pin dlc socket under the steering wheel - then see if the machine picks up on the fualt bit like a live data reading..so as above that about the best way forward on this one..I do hope this helps..If you need to ask anything else or include anything further then just continue before you rate