Robert
Robert, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

How can I stop my windscreen from "misting" up

Customer Question

Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

What model/year etc of peugeot do you have exactly?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

406 S HDI(90)

First reg:- 2003

Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..there thanks for your reply..

Ok..usually with symptoms as you have inside the car is usually a sign of water getting into or/moisture trapped in the car this often usually causes misting/fogging on certain windows in the car - in your case the windscreen,if all other windows seem to be clear - so that area in particular would be the area on the car to check for this..in regards to damp or wet footwells,so certainly check all that - blocked plenum drainage under the windscreen/blocked ac drain port / leaking heater matrix "check coolant level incase that hasnt dropped" / pollen filter housing under the passenger side windscreen wiper,beyond that check flap isnt jammed,pressing the air recirculation on and off you should see this falp open and shut / front door seals need to be check too for condition..but as above misting of fogging windows is always a sign of moistre or trapped rain water in that area on the car and thus creates a damp atmosphere/condenstaion..I do hope this helps

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Your reply has opened up several causes and I,m sure one of them will be the cure. I will try each one until success is achieved.

Thank you very much,

Robert.

Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..there thanks for your reply..

Thats no problem,glad to help..it just a case of narrowing down each area - but as above those are usually the most common faults you usually come across with such problems like this..best of luck Robert