Mark
Mark, Peugeot Certified Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified technician and MOT tester.
69494627

Hi there, Ive had my second hand 206cc for about 4 years.

Customer Question

Hi there, I've had my second hand 206cc for about 4 years. yesterday a mechanic friend of mine unwired a useless ipod dock that did not work that the previous owner must have installed. Now my radio will not hold its code... I put code in- radio works but I have to put code in every time I restart car. Also central locking no longer works from fob and I have to use the key in the door. Have looked in manual and tried re setting key when ignition is on and pressing big button but no joy. any ideas please? Thanks Jay
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Mark replied 3 years ago.

Mark :

Hello, my name is Mark and I will try help you with this.

Mark :

You will have to remove the radio again and recheck the wiring.

Mark :

The radio should have two live feeds going to it. 12v constant live and another 12v ignition live.

Mark :

The 12v constant live is either missing or has been switched with the ignition live.

Mark :

Your friend may have also blown a fuse when wiring it back up and this could also be why the central locking now has a problem.

Mark :

JACUSTOMER-si7n2cg0- :

Hey thanks, I was just thinking this site had well and truly scammed me! I have to go out now but will get back on the case this afternoon. I wll be in touch later thanks.

Mark :

No problem.

Mark :

Let me know what you find.