Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

My passenger side window will not close! Gets to within 4

Customer Question

My passenger side window will not close! Gets to within 4 inches from top then opens to half way down. Keep trying then nothing at all! Go back after a few minutes then same thing happens.

Cheers

Jeff
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Hi Jeff.

This is a sticking window rail to close the window you will have to have a second person to help the glass push up to the closed position when you switch to the up position.

Two things is causing this to happen a weak motor that is using too many amp when closing ,this will make the computer think there is something in between the glass some one hand or a kids head (safety function)

Or the other possibility is the window glass frame rail are sticking and causing the window to jam and setting off the safty mode to reopen the window down to half way.

Either way the door panel will have to come off to inspect.disconnect the motor and then with your hands see if the window can be lifter up and down with ease if can replace the window motor if not repair the rail .

Need further assistance then please get back to me .

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back with the reply box below and not the poor or bad service button ,
For further assistance there is no extra charge after accepting.

Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Greg,

It finally closed !!!

There must be a fault, would this be something best dealt with at a dealership.

Cheers

Jeff

Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Hi Jeff.

Yes as this can be checked a lot easily with the scan tool in actuation mode with live data to see if the motor is pulling to much amps .or if it was a mechanical malfunction .

Rgds Greg