Mark
Mark, Peugeot Certified Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified technician and MOT tester.
69494627

3 months ago I bought a 10 year old Peugeot diesel 307 SW SE

3 months ago I bought a 10 year old Peugeot diesel 307 SW SE HDI diesel which is in immacculate condition with the original grease still on the door hinges and no sign of corrossion and 50,000 miles on the clock.
The computer displayed oil gauge is slightly inconsistent because it was showing empty last week and I checked it with the dip stick which said it was full. The display only appears when the ignition is switched on and comes up as a computer type display.
I had a similar problem with my previous Peugeot which had an separate gauge with a pointer which also only displayed at switch on and also did not reliably display the actual oil level.
Is this a design problem.
I'm not that concerned about it because, following the instruction manual, I always check
level using the dip stick

Also on my present car the wing mirrors do not always unpark themselves when the engine is started. I found I could manually unpark them which usually allows them to start working automatically again.
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.

Expert:  Mark replied 2 years ago.

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try help you with this.

Does the vehicle have a full service history and can you tell me what that is?

Mark.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes

Expert:  Mark replied 2 years ago.

Some times the oil level will indicate low, especially if the engine had just been run, switched off and then restarted. It can also sometimes be damaged during servicing if for instance the ignition is switched on whilst the oil is draining.

Mark

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks. That makes sense because I have tried switching everything off and on again when the fault occurs and it has often recovered.

In any case I can always double check with the dip stick.

I will mention it next time it goes for a service.

Have you any views on the wing mirrors sometimes not unparking when the engine is started and does manually unparking them do any damage? It is a very minor inconvenience since the convenience of having automatic wing mirrors far outweighs the accasional glitch in their operation. It seems as if it might be overshooting the stop latching point.

Expert:  Mark replied 2 years ago.

If the mirrors have worn drive gears on the motor then this might happen. You might be able to still hear the motors run when the mirrors don't move which would suggest a worn gear.

Not sure about opening them manually would cause damage to the drive or not.

Mark.

Mark, Peugeot Certified Technician
Experience: Fully qualified technician and MOT tester.