Mark
Mark, Peugeot Certified Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified technician and MOT tester.
69494627

Hi there, please could you tell me why my van (model: expert,

Hi there, please could you tell me why my van (model: expert, 1900 non turbo, 55 plate) splutters when building revs in order to change up a gear? I experience a 'flat spot' at this moment. I've just recently had a service carried out although this was happening prior to the service and has continued after!!! Many thanks - Mark Dealey
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Mark replied 3 years ago.

Mark :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try help you with this.

Customer:

Mark :

This sounds like either an engine misfire or a lack of fuel.

Mark :

Is there any fault light warning on?

Customer:

No there isn't

Mark :

Was the fuel filter replaced at the service?

Customer:

I assume so I paid for a full service to be carried out

Mark :

Did you get a detailed invoice for the parts that were fitted?

Customer:

Yes, I've just looked at it and Fuel Filter is ticked

Mark :

Is that on the service sheet or invoice?

Customer:

that's on the service sheet, not the invoice, although it does state FYDL full service on invoice

Mark :

What does FYDL mean?

Customer:

that's just the coding on the invoice next to full service

Mark :

Computer reference.

Customer:

yes

Mark :

On the service sheet, does it say filter replaced or water drained?

Customer:

it says fuel filter re - new (diesel only) then ticked which means operation completed and ok

Mark :

Ok

Mark :

Is there any parts listed on the invoice, air filter, oil, oil filter etc?

Customer:

not on the invoice - only states full service synt s - but is listed and ticked on service schedule

Mark :

Ok. Difficult to prove if it was fitted or not.

Mark :

Does the engine start ok every time or does it need to be cranked for a few seconds?

Customer:

it starts absolutely fine - no problems

Mark :

With no fault codes and starting ok you are looking at either lack of fuel, faulty egr valve or faulty air mass meter.

Mark :

I think I would replace the fuel filter as it is the cheapest to do and there is no way to prove if it was replaced or not, unless the garage can produce an invoice to prove they bought one for your service.

Customer:

would you advise I take it back to where they did the service and ask them about these?

Mark :

The egr and air mass meter would be nothing to do with the service if one of these was causing the fault.

Mark :

Did you say to the garage you wanted the flat spot checked out?

Customer:

ok thanks so much for all your help - hopefully I will get this sorted. I told the garage it had a flat spot but I don't think they looked into for me as they were only doing the service

Mark :

I would have thought that as part of the service they would do a test drive. It should have been evident then that the flat spot was still present. Normally they would say this on the invoice to prevent any come back from you saying 'since the service I have a flat spot' etc.

Mark :

If they haven't charged you any labour for checking it then they probably haven't done anything about it.

Mark :

The garage are going to have to take another look at it for you to see if they can find a fault.

Customer:

i'll go to the garage and talk to them many thanks Mark

Mark :

No problem

Mark :

Please remember to rate my assistance.

Mark :

Mark :

Mark.

Mark, Peugeot Certified Technician
Experience: Fully qualified technician and MOT tester.