Mark
Mark, Peugeot Certified Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified technician and MOT tester.
69494627

07 207gt diesel loud whining sucking noise from silver casing

Customer Question

07 207gt diesel loud whining sucking noise from silver casing on front of engine, pipes from the air filter go into this casing and it looks lie a fan? performance poor.
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Mark replied 3 years ago.

Mark :

Hello, my name is Mark and I will try help you with this.

Mark :

This sounds like a turbo intercooler or related to the turbo is leaking.

Mark :

Can you take and post a picture of the part so I can positively identify it for you.

JACUSTOMER-ums8e7jd- :

don't know how to do that, but now warning message saying "depollution system faulty" is being displayed and there is hardly any power in the engine.

Mark :

You can upload a picture using the paperclip icon.

Mark :

If there is a system warning now showing you will need a suitable scan tool to read the fault code that has been stored.

Mark :

What is the current mileage and do you have a full service history for the vehicle?