Mike
Mike, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

When I start up my Peugeot 307, I frequently get a high pitched

When I start up my Peugeot 307, I frequently get a high pitched bleep as I turn the key - the car starts OK and there are no other warnings or indications. Car runs perfectly OK otherwise.
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes please, Shantal. Thank you for your Email. Richard Fox.

Hello Richard,

Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is XXXXX XXXXX happy to help you ..

Can I just ask - how long has this been happening - and did it start to happen after any "event" - anything / any work done at the vehicle at all?

Too - what mileage do you have ?

Do you have any other warning lights / messages on the dash at all ever?

Rgds, MIKE....................................
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello Mike, this warning(?) has occurred spasmodically during the last six months, but not associated to any particular event/work affecting the vehicle. Mileage about 73000. No other warnings at all, and car starts perfectly OK as I continue to move the key.

Over to you!

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hi again...

Thank you for your reply and further info.

Usually you will get this issue when the car has detected a theft attempt - either a door being opened etc... as a warning of that .

But as its so spasmodic, I would strongly suspect that you have a fault - a very intermittent fault, with one of the door micro switches / or bonnet / boot - as that will cause this also.

Too - you can have a fault with the , whats called , Bsi unit - this is a computer on the car that has overall control of all these and associated symptoms. You can have the Bsi reset -any local garage can do that for you or I can explain how to do it - but I don't feel you have anything serious going on - its as above, one way or the other. It may well just be that you have to wait for it to manifest itself more so in all honesty... Its easier then to pick up on any plug in diagnostic machine...

Im sorry I cannot say for sure that it will be this / that - Its always difficult with faults that are so intermittent as Im sure you will appreciate - but it is as above Im sure from what you have said..

Let me know how you get on - or by all means get back to me if you need anything else at all...

Kind Rgds - MIKE.

...Meantime..............Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Rgds, MIKE.
Mike, Peugeot Technician
Experience: Tech Expert