Mike
Mike, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

A GARAGE HAS TOLD ME ITS A ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.. I need a phone

A GARAGE HAS TOLD ME ITS A ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.. I need a phone number of a approved garage or Peugeot specialist.. BUT NOT A MAIN DEALER who can definitely fix the steering on my car.. Its a 55 REG Peugeot 307 & the steering goes stiff at random while driving, it can be is ok first thing in the morning, however, it does eventually stiffen when driving..
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.

Mike :

Hello and Welcome...

Mike :

My name is XXXXX XXXXX Im happy to help you...

Mike :

I see you have entered the CHAT system - Welcome.

Customer:

Hello mate ive already asked the question, im waiting for a answer from you

Mike :

It sonnds like you have mechanics you are not too sure of what they are faced with... Your symptoms are of a common issue on this model - the fault is usually EPS unit..

Mike :

Have you had a proper plug in test / check done for this?

Customer:

no not yet mate

Customer:

had nothing done yet mate

Mike :

Ok - well its 99 / 100, the EPS unit - as above... this is the Electric Power Steering ,unit... but , on occasion its a wiring fault / connection fault -to it.. So that does just need checking out first before considering the unit.. If its determined that the unit is at fault - there are companies that repair / recondition these units - that is considerably cheaper than a new one.. I can give you a contact number if you need for that.

Customer:

thanks that would be good, but I need somebody local, not someone miles away..

Mike :

I understand yes - the company is in Kent - but you send the unit to them - they repair / recon it , send it back -usually in two days or so so thats not a problem - but Ive no idea where you are ..so you will have to tell me if you wish me to look up any good local repairers for you...

Customer:

yep im in slough Berkshire sl2 2jb.. Kent is no good to me, I need a garage I can take my car to, im not sending parts off

Mike :

Even if you take the car to a garage - whichever garage that might be.. they will need to send the parts off / away if you want to do it that way - Other than that , the only other option would be for them to fit new.

Mike :

It therefore doesn't matter where in the UK the reconditioning place is - its only post.

Customer:

All I need is a local garage who can do the job.. that's it.. can u find one yes or no, with all due respect I know your trying to help but if you cant then I will need a refund..

Mike :

I am trying to help yes - by giving you money saving ways forward.. but if thats all you want thats fine. But while Im in the UK, I have at the outset , no ideal where you are.. You have now told me you are in Slough - Slough is still a big place- I wil need your postcode to try and find you a local garage if thats what you are wanting.

Customer:

ive gave it to you earlier buddy its sl2 3jb.. Anywhere within 5-7 square miles, it was never about the problem, just who can fix it..

Mike :

Righto.. No problem.. give me a min or so to look that up for you...

Mike :

Ok - I have a couple of options for you - but I need to just know - is Reading to far from you?

Customer:

I can go to reading as a last resort if need be as long as they can do the job.. not got anywhere that little bit closer.. I can wait a few minutes..

Mike :

Ok - The Reading was in an Independent Peugeot Specialist - I cannot find such nearer to you - but I can find what look like decent garages (other than Peugeot ) nearer if you wish contact details of one of those....

Customer:

yep go for it

Mike :

Ok - the Independent Peugeot one is - Reading (0118)(NNN) NNN-NNNN The address etc is : Autosolutions
Prospect Mews
Prospect Street
Reading
RG1 7YJ

Customer:

great stuff about the reading garage

Mike :

Ok good - and the non independent Peugeot one - but near to you is :

Contact: Terry Sibley or Clive Pinfield

Telephone:01753 644568

Fax: 01753 646284
Mike :

They have very good feedback !

Mike :

You can print out the above - save writing it down if you like ;)

Mike :

Is that ok - or can I help you anymore at all?

Customer:

just find one more & I will be 100% satisfied..

Mike :

No problem at all - give me one min...

Mike :

Ok - This is your next nearest - with good feedback...

Mike :

TSG Motors --

Mike :
Business formed in: 1987

Date joined: 16/09/2010

Contact: Tony Shoard or Lynette Shoard

Telephone:01753 823124
Mike :

Again - they have excellent feedback - and are about 5/6 mile from you.

Customer:

thank you! very satisfied 99.9% for your service, patience, & professionalism.. PAUL

Mike :

Im very pleased to have helped you Paul - I hope you get sorted out ok. I do just need you to click on the OK ratings then for me please as thats how Im credited for helping you.

Mike :

And I thank you for doing that in advance.. And if there is ever anything else - you know where I am.

Mike :

Please be sure to do that before you go - Thank you. ;)

Mike, Peugeot Technician
Experience: Tech Expert