Nathan B
Nathan B, Mechanic
Experience:  20+ years experience working on a wide range of vehicles both as an employee and also running my own garage
27720961

I have a 307 SW. YY08 HCN when I turn the ignition key nothing

Customer Question

I have a 307 SW. YY08 HCN when I turn the ignition key nothing happens! fault " auto locking " comes up on the display.
It has been in the local Peugeot main dealer for almost 2 weeks after this problem first appeared. I collected the car yesterday and the same thing has now happened. The car will not start! and I am £1000 poorer. The garage replaced the gear box seal, clutch k=, brake vac hose, dual flywheel xhead lock and oil. They told us that this would make the car sttart reliably and that we should not just replace a fguse as this would not stop the problem! Whatt do you think? Sue
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
Hello Sue,

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello Sue and Welcome..

My name is MIKE - Im happy to help ./ advise you ..

Can I just ask - what exactly did they say the cause of the problem ( non starting ) was >?

What was the "fuse" they were referring to - what system did that cover?

Have they written anything down for you ? |Can you tell me what they have replaced electrically - ??

Have you been back on to them since the next instance ? If so , what have they said?

Kind Rgds, MIKE........................................