Mark
Mark, Peugeot Certified Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified technician and MOT tester.
69494627

406 hdi 2 litre 2001 will not start and showselectronic immobiliser

Customer Question

406 hdi 2 litre 2001 will not start and showselectronic immobiliser warning light. How can I fix it?
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  Mark replied 3 years ago.

Hello, my name is Mark and I will try help you.

If the immobiliser light is staying on then either the key has a faulty chip in it, the receiver is faulty, the ecu is faulty or the wiring for the system has a fault.

If this has only happened recently then a possible cause is that you may have changed the battery in the remote and knocked the chip out of place.

The first thing to try if possible is the spare key. If this too doesn't work then the problem is with the car. If it does work then the problem is with the key.

If you have no spare key and the chip has not been dislodged then your only option is the use of a scan tool with the same functions as the main dealer tool.

You may require a new key and then have it enabled so the car recognises it.

Mark.