Robert
Robert, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

There is a creaking noise coming from the front right hand

There is a creaking noise coming from the front right hand side when going over bumps. No noise when turning the steering though, Peugeot(NNN) NNN-NNNN Ive been told its the anti roll bar

Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

It is possible it could be antiroll bar link related..they can spray wd-40 to each rubber bushing that hold the bar to the subframe and see if the noise stops when re -test driven,or limits somewhat..if it does then you know where the problem is..they should also check both drop link arms especially around the balljoints on the link - if the rubber on one of the joints on the drop link is split then it may have allowed water in and thus caused corrosion in turn causing the noise you describe although often can be heard during steering too - they should also check each bush inserts on the lower control arm and lower balljoint again same check as the drop links checking the rubber hasnt been split and allowed water/moisture in to cause corrosion within the balljoint/socket - Its really a case of process of elimination checking for worn / dry bottom suspension / swivel joints on the bottom arms / shock absorbers / coil springs inspected for any breaks or cracks aswell as also the spring seats too - so checking each suspension component in turn either using lever in certain areas to move the suspension arms/joints to pin point the source of the noise..so really a case of checking as above - I do hope this helps..If you need to ask anything else or include anything further then just continue before you rate

Robert, Peugeot Technician
Experience: Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK