Mark
Mark, Peugeot Certified Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified technician and MOT tester.
69494627

Peugeot 3008, starting problem

Customer Question

Peugeot 3008, had a problem with my 3 year old car, one morning the car would not start it just clicked. there was a slightly slower start the couple of days before it wouldn't start. I charged the battery and later that day it started ok. Three days later the same problem the car again failed to start. Battery doesn't appear to be flat as all lights and wipers work ok. Again charged it and it started. Any ides what the underlying problem is. ?
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Mark replied 3 years ago.

Mark :

Hello, my name is Mark and I will try help you with this.

Mark :

Your battery is going flat.

Mark :

However, you have to find the reason why.

Mark :

Possible causes are a faulty battery, a faulty charging system or a current drain on the system.

Mark :

Just because the lights and wipers work is not a good indication of battery condition.

Mark :

You even say that after charging it the engine will start. Therefore the battery must have been drained.

Mark :

You need to have the battery properly tested and if it checks out ok the next would be to check the charging system and then check for a current drain.

Mark :

I see you have viewed my answer and not rated it yet.

Do you need further information?

Mark

If not, then please rate my assistance.