Robert
Robert, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

I have a Peugeot 206cc, the airbag light comes on intermittently

I have a Peugeot 206cc, the airbag light comes on intermittently and I believe it is due to a faulty switch, is it expensive to replace?
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

Has there been any testing done on the system so far?

Which switch exactly is it that faulty?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I was told it is the switch that is situated under the seat
Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..there thanks for your reply..

Ok..that can in a sense be a common fault with alot of cars especially so if the seat is moved back and forth alot..its just a case really of getting under the seat or access and ensure the airbag/seat belt pre-tensioner plug connectors are fully home connected together..some prefer to actually cut the plugs off both ends of the wiring and then just solder the wiring together then/heatshrink to cover the soldered ends and thats that..something to maybe bear in mind if this problem continues even after ensuring the conections under the seat have been checked and ensured they are connected together fully - before checking the wiring under there - both seats have to be checked unless you know which one it is drivers or passenger side - disconnect the battery and wait at least 10minutes before disconnecting any part of the system checking it so to speak so sometimes its best to leave it to a garage to check that..but at the most its 5-10min job to check that..I do hope this helps