Mike
Mike, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

my 2007 407 auto gearbox revs high at times and then bangs

Customer Question

my 2007 407 auto gearbox revs high at times and then bangs into gear
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is MIKE - Im happy to help you -

What mileage is on the car?

Do you get any fault lights on the car re this issue?

What exactly has been done so far?

Rgds, MIKE..........................................
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

58000mls

No fault lights

Nothing has been done so far.

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello again -

Thank you for your reply.

Ok - this fault can be caused by one or more of several causes...

So - start by checking what you can on a DIY basis - and that is the transmission fluid.

Check its level - if its low - you meed to top it up and re try... After you top up ( if you do ) re drive it - and re check the level - top up again if needed - and re do..

First though while checking the fluid - it should be a nice red / brown ish colour - If its black.. and / or smells bad.. ( other than a nice oil smell ).. then that indicates faults in the transmission....

The way forward then would be to drain - flush and refill the transmission ( this is best done at a Auto specialist as they have the equipment for the flushing ).. and then re try.

Bad fluid changed - or just topped up if too low, will often cure what you have...

IF not - then you have an internal fault in the trans... torque converter or solenoid faults , clutch band issues and so on usually especially if you have no fault lights on which would normally indicate an electronic / command / control issue... at this point again - you really would be best advised to use an Auto Specialist to check it out - you can do nothing more on a DIY basis Im afraid.. They have the test equipment needed - and the knowledge to properly check and effect a repair.. rather than replacements which general garages tend to do - so its a much cheaper way...

So work through as above on this one.. let me know how you get on.

Do let me know if you need anything else at all -

Kind Rgds - MIKE.

...Meantime..............Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Rgds, MIKE.