Robert
Robert, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

While I am driving, my car seat slides out of position and

While I am driving, my car seat slides out of position and leaves me struggling to reach the foot peddles and to control the car. I drive an old Peugeot 106 and am very worried that I'm heading for a very serious car accident.
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

The most obvious cause for that would be as you say a fault with the seat runners/locking adjusting mechanisim..when you pull up the handle to move the seat back and forth your releasing the lock when you let go of the handle and move the seat again it locks it in place..and it likely either worn or broken or jammed open even maybe coins getting stuck in the rail or something else etc that certainly would need to be checked for..they may not have to replace the whole seat but just the runners on their own..But as above it certainly worth checking to ensure nothing actually got jammed in the mechanism.runner itself and see what they find..I do hope this helps.if you need to ask anything else or inc anything further then just continue before you rate