Robert
Robert, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

was looking to see about a car was interested in.

was looking to see about a car was interested in.2007 Peugeot 307 with 98,000 miles on it.is this too high mileage? is Peugeot a good car.need car to last as cant afford to change it.

Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

How many miles do expect to do yearly in the car?

Whats the cars service and repair history?

Overall how does it perform wise/test drive as such any issues come during that etc?

Is this dealer or private sale?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Expect to do 5 miles yearly,part service history,it is away for mot today and have not drove it yet also its a man which always sells cars sort of dealer.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The man is to phone me after it goes through mot.so would love your response thanks Leanne and your response or advise

Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi.thanks for your reply

based on the generally low mileage as you suggest above then that too uncommon on an HDI - The current rule really if you are currently doing less than 10,000miles a year say - then you would generally be better off actually running a petrol engine..Diesels as they are nowadays are pretty economical "but" only if your doing long journeys motorways as such/comutting everyday will you see this - as this sort of continual/longer time usage also to helps allow the car to self regenerate the DPF "diesel particulate filter" that diesels have now to burn off the excess soot/particles that the dpf captures - Peugeots can tend to have issues here with diesel filtration system/eloys fluid system which serviced or refilled and this can be expensive if it goes wrong - so certainly test drive and ensure there are no current warning on the message screen etc or on the dash ..take it for good test drive and see if any problems arise.make sure you go thorugh all the gears and esnure they are smooth in operation.ensure there are no unusual noises from the engine especially as far as the turbo goes which can be problem on 1.6hdi's so if the turbo sounds noisey/whines loudly excess smoke from the tail pipe- walk away,maybe if you know anyone mechanically minded and or knows their cars maybe check it over whilst your there - also ask as per the timing belt 100,000miles or nearing is about time to get that replaced so check all documentation as such on that and see if it been done..These cars arent too bad however they can have their electrical gremlins economy mode problems etc- so it key to ensure that everything in the car electrically aswell as the central locking does operate etc..but see what the Mot brings up .but ask what advisories where picked up as this will be something that will come up next time around to be repaired or the time between passing now and the next mot test usually..also ask waht sort of warranty you will get on this and what it covers..I do hope this helps..If you need to ask anything else or include anything further then just continue before you rate

Robert, Peugeot Technician
Experience: Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK