Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

Anti-pollution light is on - local garage say that dianostics

Customer Question

Anti-pollution light is on - local garage say that dianostics has come up with 4 error codes and the garage does not know where to start! Does this mean that I need to take it to a main dealer for repair? It's an 04 307 diesel estate. Thank you for your help.
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.
Hi .

This all depends on the codes the system has stored .

Post me the codes and i will advise you what action is best taken .

Rgds Greg.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Just checked with local garage and error codes are:

P0420

P2408

P2033

P1445

P1442

P1012

P0532

They have checked the oil bath which traps the dirty particles(?) and it has more than adequate fluid in it.

Your advice is much appreciated,

Julie

Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.
Hi Julie b.

I would leave this one for the Dealer as you have a gross leak in the
evap system ,and some of the codes are due to a programmed software that has to be up dated ,but first the codes have to be checked and repaired .

Check out your local dealer for this , as the diesel catalytic converter is also having problems but this could be the cause of one of the other codes .

Dealer i would recommend for this issue .

Need further assistance then please get back to me.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back with the reply box below and not the poor or bad service button ,
For further assistance there is no extra charge after accepting.

Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for the advice. One last thing is the work needed likely to be very expensive if so I'll probably have to sell the car and get used to the bus!

Thanks again

Julie

Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.
Hi Julie .

Sadly yes this could get costly .

First disconnect the battery for a few minutes then reconnect .

Then start the engine and use your car and see how long it takes for the Light to come back on then recheck for codes .

Greg