Mark
Mark, Peugeot Certified Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified technician and MOT tester.
69494627

Brake a bit swiftly on my 407 Coupe and one would think the

Brake a bit swiftly on my 407 Coupe and one would think the world had ended....all the advisorys start pinging up.....no cruise / no directional heradlamps / no ESR etc etc etc... It resets itself perhaps overnight or after a few hours..sometimes less.

I've got used to it but if I decided to sell its an issue for someone else........

Is this an expensive fix.......and can I trust it will be a fix!
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Mark replied 3 years ago.

Mark :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try help you with this.

Mark :

This sounds like a lot of faults but the fix could be a simple wheel speed sensor.

Mark :

I would think it is most likely to be a front one.

Mark :

What you need to do is have a dealer level scan tool connect to the car and have a global scan of all the control units.

Mark :

All the faults you list share one or more sensors. Most obvious one is for vehicle speed.

Customer:

Mark....this sounds a more straightforward issue than the power steering fluid one you responded to a few minutes ago......

Customer:

but.....will I run into that classic situation where the garage scan etc and replace one sensor...find it doesnt resolve the problem so they try another....and the bill racks up!

Mark :

You shouldn't

Mark :

I didn't realise you had two questions going.

Customer:

Mmmmmmmmm OK......well I/ll not go to Wilsons of Epsom just in case!!!

Mark :

Can you go to the other question and leave a rating for it. I don't get paid for it until you do.

Customer:

Sure

Mark :

Cheers